Morning Update

A busy weekend has left me no time to put together a recipe for my loyal readers this week, I'm afraid. I'll do better next week for sure. One of the things that kept me from my keyboard was the grand opening of the Meatless Market on Saturday. I was tweeting about this to the locals here in #ldnont (that's the twitter hashtag for the Forest City, if you're twitter agnostic) and the Meatless Market sent thanks my way.

It was a great event and very well attended. Virgin Radio 97.5 was broadcasting live from the tents in the parking lot and there were many free samples and great meatless barbeque for sale in support of Cedar Row Farm Sanctuary, about which I've written in the past. Check out their Open House event coming up June 22nd featuring a live performance by Emm Gryner if you're in the area and available. We were lucky enough to win the door prize for liking the Meatless Market on Facebook. A $75 meatless shopping spree is in our future!

For this week's MM meal, I will direct you to the Meatless Market's Pinterest page, which has a selection of soup recipes you might enjoy. Have a great week.

Comments

  1. So sorry I missed the grand opening. I love the Meatless Market and go there quite a bit. Friendly staff, super clean a great selection and many good coffees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially the Fire Roasted kind! Sorry - should've given you a heads up.

      Delete

Post a Comment